08 March 2014

2/3/2014 Viaduct Teams of 5, Rd 4

I was off to the float only section on Lodge and Cary for this round and the weather forecast was 180 degrees different to the day before with strong winds and rain forecast, you can tell when I draw the float only section…
Trev did the draw again for John, Rocky, Ivan and myself, and he gave me peg 62 which was 2 pegs away from where I wanted to be on peg 64 but I was happy that I had the wind and rain off my back all day.



My plan was to fish for silvers at 13m straight in front so I could control the pole if the wind picked up too much, I plumbed up a meat lines at 5 and 14.5m in line with the bush to the right of the picture, I set up a waggler to explore the peg with and finally a margin rig down to the empty platform to my right.

At the all in I fed 6 cups of groundbait, dead maggot and caster on the 13m line, 10 cubes of meat opn the 14.5m line and a pinch of caster, meat and corn down the edge before I cast out the wag baited with corn to have a look around. After 10  minutes however, I noticed some bubbling on my meat line so had a quick look, I missed a quick bite that I assumed was a skimmer so fed another 10 cubes and lo and behold 5 minute later I was attached to something very angry. Carp number 1 was subdued on yellow reflex elastic, a 6x8 MW Carp slim and 0.14mm bottom to a size 1 tubertini 175, it weighed about 8lb so I quickly re fed the line and waited out for another 30 minutes before deciding to rest that line.  I had been watching the guy on peg 64 start catching down the edge so I had a quick look, 5 minutes later carp number 2 was in the net looking confused as I had been using some proper gear down the edge to keep them away from the platform legs and it didn’t like the Orange Reflex elastic I had down the top of my Ultra Power pole. :-)

This saw the start of a lean period, I could only manage the odd small fish off the groundbait line but out of the blue with 2 hours to go 2 casts on the wag saw me land a 2lb skimmer and an 8lb carp both on corn. I had another big skimmer on the 5m meat line with 10 minutes to go but that was it, I ended up with 30lb ish and lost a quid to Ken and a quid to Moody. I was halfway up the section though off a poor draw so it wasn't all bad.


Next week it is the final round and I am praying for a good draw so that I can get some points back on Moody. Till then tight lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment