20 July 2015

Royal Signals Coarse Angling Championships 2015, The Glebe

Day 1 Masters Clubman
I was teamed up with Steve for this match as my clubman and as we had been drawn together the night before we were able to decide what to look at and concentrate on, we ended up on permanenet pegs 23 and 24 on Lake 1.  This meant nothing to either of us but the view for the day was not too bad from my seatbox.





It was an interesting day and Steve managed to pick up loads of pointers that he will take forward, I discounted a couple of tactics that as it turned out would bite me in the ass later in the week.  We had a reasonable day however I managed about 67KG and Steve had 16Kg and this gave us 4th on the day.  That night was the section draw for the main event and it was very kind to me with all the other Army team members ending up in the opposite section to me.

So day 1 of the champs saw me drawn on lake 6 and again it was a bit of a struggle but in the end I managed a good last hour and put 47Kg on the scales for second on the lake but a section win from the full members as Chris is an associate member.  There was only 1 fish separating 1-3rd in my section and it was the same in the other section with Craig pipping Pez by 5kg which is only a couple of fish.

Day 2 saw the two sections rotate lakes and I ended up one from the middle in a row of 5 pegs on lake 4 I think, peg 73 I think:


Again my plan was simple for this day but after 30 minutes I was moving onto plan E but that worked well for a few hours, I never set the world on fire but I plodded along ok.  I ended up with 54Kg for a section win and lakes win  and only time would tell if it had been enough?

Alas history will show that it was not enough a Craig won his section again and did me on combined weight so well done to Craig.  I was second and Alfie picked up third with 5 points.  On the team front Daz and I picked up the UIN trophy and the Team trophy so that was some consolation.


Many thanks to DJ and his team for the smooth running of the event and to Roy for allowing us to use his fantastic venue. All we have to do is look forward to the Inter Corps championships in a few short weeks.

What would I have done differently?

As the Intercorps is not far away I am not telling :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment