11 November 2015

Carping on the Club Lake Pt 9

Before I get too involved in this I will be calling a few venues the club lake, this is so that should I start getting a few (Unlikely) it will be a little harder for people to figure out where I am actually fishing.  If you really want to know PM me and I may tell you though J.
Anyway to the fishing, as usual my Friday night trip started in London and ended by the lake in early afternoon, I moved my kit through the gate only to be met by sparky and even as we met and had a chat I could see it was going to be a rough one with gusty southerly winds forecast and a lot of rain to come in the morning I sometimes wonder why we do it.  Then I slap myself and crack on as there is no better feeling than that rush of hooking into an unseen fish that you have worked so hard to catch.
|I decided on a swim with the wind to my back that I have fished before so I could keep the disturbance to a minimum, 11 wraps onto a slit area on the back of some weed I dispatched two short stiff hinged rigs and then tried to put about 80 baits over the area using the smallest spomb.  I say tried but I had just swapped to a reel with only one spool which was of braid on my marker rod so dropping the spomb in nose first was troublesome to start. No doubt I will get used to it.



The night was uneventful on the fishing front, although I did meet a new face and we got to watch some fireworks go off. During the middle of the night the wind died down and I could hear fish crashing to my left but at 3 am the wind picked up again and with it came the rain.
Come the morning I decided to move one of my rods to a closer spot with a small pop up rig and a bag of oily pellets, this received a drop back at about 11 am but I did not connect with anything.  I will be back again soon and my dry spell has to finish soon as there were around 4 fish caught in the morning and all of them were from swims to my left!!!
Wadmill for my birthday next week and then who knows.

What would I do different?
Should have moved when I knew where the fish were crashing. I keep saying it but I SHOULD HAVE MOVED.
Tackle used:
Rods: Wychwood C 301 2.75lb TC
Reel: Shimano Ultegra 5500 XTC CI4
Line: 15lb ESP Syncro XT Loaded
Rigs: stiff hinged rig. Size 5 ESP stiff rigger to 20lb ESP stiff link. 20lb fluorocarbon boom, 3oz lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment