07 December 2022

AAF Gp 2 Match, Todber, 7 Dec 22

It was back to Todber for an AAF Gp 2 match, this was also our Fur and Feather so it didn’t matter how bad the draw was I would be winning something, which as it turned out was a good thing.

Loads of ‘banter’ before the match at the café we were using for the draw, and I was tasked by Tree to draw the swims for the team, and what a crock of pants they were to. I put Tree in no fish bay and myself in the corner that had done the 2 lowest weights on Saturdays match peg 80.

On getting to my swim,



I had a bit of room either side a there was only 9 of us on the lake and again I bumped a few fish whilst plumbing up.  I decided not to do a long pole line this time as I thought it would get in the way of me looking around with the bomb and wag so it was a waggler, bomb, short poleand deep margin plan.

I bumped fish again whilst plumbing up and this gave me a little hope and at the all-in, I fed pellet and meat on my 6m line and started feeding pots of maggot down the edge to my left in 3ft of water.  I cast the waggler out and caught a few small roach in the first 20 minutes and the bomb wasn’t much better but at least it was the occasional carp that picked up my meat hook bait. At about the halfway stage I think I had 20lb or so mostly on the bomb, so I had a look on my pole lines and started to catch a few fish, I am still not sure if it was where they wanted to be or the time of day. The second half of the match was a lot better although I again never set the world on fire, but as long as I beat the weights from in the area from the weekend I would be happy. It was odd because Nic on peg 90 was having a similar day to me earlier in the week, I knew this because he was telling EVERYONE.

Again I had a good spell this time down the edge in the last 10 minutes or so but I thought I might have a ton if I was lucky at the all out. As we can see I had 47.525Kg (104lb 10oz ish) so I had achieved the ton and I was happy.  The results saw  the same 3 pegs being top weights in this section, although Jamie to my right went over on a couple of nets and this cost him dearly.


** The Christmas Match I was prepping for was cancelled as the lakes froze over the next day**

What would I do different:

Possibly tried to push one of the swims more and maybe switch to a meat feeder instead of the bomb especially in the later stages of the match.

Rigs used:

Pole Short:

Elastic: White Hydro
Line: 0.17mm Powerline to 0.13mm Stream
Hook: 16 B 911
Float: 0.25g Guru Bobbie
Elastic: Preston 13H
Line: 0.17mm Powerline to 0.15mm Colmic Stream
Hook:  2 Tubertini 175
Float: 0.4g  Drennan AS4
 
Feeder:
Rod: 9ft Matrix Aquos C Class feeder, 1oz tip.
Reel: Cadence CS5 4000 loaded with 8lb Sensor
Rig: 10 or 20g ICM bomb with 6-12” 0.19mm hooklength to a size 12 QM1 and bait stop.
 
Waggler:
Rod: 11ft Cadence number 1 wag
Reel: TDR 2508 loaded 3lb Maxima
Rig: 3AAA insert waggler with only a small QC swivel at the top of a 0.12mm hooklength to size 16 hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment