07 July 2011

Todber Evening Match

It was another Todber evening match and unfortunatly only 4 of us were on the bank this time, I drew peg 38 (a proper flyer) and set up a paste rig to fish under the tree in 4ft of water and a paste rig to fish next to the tree in 2 ft of water. The carp were ravenous and too willing to come up so I suffered from a night of foul hookers coming off until the last hour when I put on a shallow rig at 6" and sacked up. I ebnded up with 94lb and came last. Pez continued his run of form with a 3hr weight of over 150lb for the win and Will and Dave both had well in excess of the ton.
What a night. My mistake was my feediong and the fact that my peg was nearly twice as deep as Pez's saw him still get loads of liners but he founfd it easier to settle them on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment