21 January 2012

AAF Gp2 Mt 3 K&A Bishops Cannings

This match was the third of the AAF season and I needed a confidence boost on the canal after a poor showing on the last match along there. As usual my alarm sounded at 4am so that I could pick Pez up at 0500, then we could get up to the canal and have it pegged by 0730.
The pegging went without any real incident, apart from having to walk for miles to get it done and we were both at the pub enjoying a breakfast on time.
We let Dave draw for the team as we had borrowed him from a Bulford team after his recent move and his orders were simple, draw well. He did for himself and pez with A1 being the end peg of the match stretch and a reknowned roach peg, B7 was on a bend and always has a bit of form, if the skimmers don’t show then the roach usually will and then mine, would it be C1 or 2? Could it be C12 or 13 which were the only 4 pegs I fancied for a few fish along the whole stretch? NO C7 smack bang in the middle!!
After breaking the ice with the breaker and also using the cupping kit on my Z9 to cut and clear some of the ice at11m (WHO SAYS THEY BREAK EASY!!!) I started to set up my rigs.
The peg was 11m wide and 5 ft at top kit +2 sections, I set up a bread line for down the track, a worm line for the near shelf (if I was desperate) and also a shallower bread rig for across, I did not plumb up the far bank rigs in the hope that resting them may see a few fish sit in them as the water was painfully clear and I knew that it would be very hard.
At the all in I fed a small ball of licky down the track, and after 20 minutes I had my first bite, then 10 minutes later my second, an hour later I had a run of 2 perch on worm, then another roach on a new bread line. Hour 3 saw a tiny perch come to a twitched bit of worm and the last 2 hours saw me waiting for the roach to turn up but 1 bite in the last 6 minutes was all I could muster. My 7 fish went 220g, I beat  the next 2 guys to my left and 1 to my right so I was the best of the DREGS but I am never pegging that bit in again. IT IS PANTS.
Team 11 sigs was second on the day with Pez taking a section win and second in the match, Dave also walked away with 3 team points but 4th in section. Bristol Avon Next Month and things can only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment