02 July 2012

30/06/2012 MFS Campbell lake, Viaduct


People seem to think that I am usually quite good at the draw, but today I was let down severely by my right hand. My day started slightly late and I then found that a small Dorset town was shut so had to plumb in an alternative route to the Tom Tom. I finally found my way into the car park only to find that I must have been one of the last people there, but I still found time for a breakfast at Woodys and very good it was too.

I managed to draw peg 130 out of the bag and this was apparently not a good draw, still I had planned on another easy day but this time concentrating on the tip and waggler but it was not to be as soon after the whistle I was struggling and my day got worst from there.

I set up 2 wagglers and a bomb rod and hooked carp on all 3, I also set up a margin rig and a short pole line to fish meat but all I managed here was to get beaten up down the edge and a few skimmers at 5m.

I tipped back 30lb and this still would have put me as last on the lake, in hindsight I should have worked the waggler for longer and I think that a paste line at 13m even with the gusting wind would have been a better idea.

It was won by Rich the match organiser from peg 119 with around 190lb of carp so well done to you mate, the lake on a whole fished quite hard but we still had 4 or 5 ton weights and loads of bags around  70-90lb.

No comments:

Post a Comment