18 June 2013

MFS Viaduct day 2, 15 Jun 13

Day 1 had been a bit of a blow out for me with my weight only being good enough for 5th out of 7 in my section, but it was another day so after the slating for throwing away another good peg at the draw I put my hand into the bag and pulled out peg 88 on Cary. Normally I would not be too excited about this draw but this time the wind was ploughing into that end of the lake and pegs 90 and 94 had not been draw so I had nearly the whole top corner of the lake to myself.




With so much room and the weather report saying that the wind would get worst throughout the day, I decided that it would mainly be a bomb match towards the corner, but I also needed somewhere else to go. I plumbed up a 13m pole line to my front and put a meat rig and shallow rig up for there, I had a really nice margin to my left so I plumbed up a rig for there and that was it basically.

At the all-in I fed about 30 6mm pellets and 20 cubes of meat on the long line, and then chucked the bomb down to my right and started firing 8mm pellet over the top, nothing happened so after about 20 minutes I had a look on my long line and managed to snare a couple of skimmers then a foul hooked carp killed the swim so I re fed and chucked the bomb. This was basically how my day panned out with me taking the odd carp on the bomb interspersed with a few skimmers and a couple of carp on the long line, one in fact came as whilst I was kinder cupping a few carp moved into the swim shallow. After seeing this I quickly used the big pot to pot in 8 cubes of meat and a few pellet shipped back and then shipped out the shallow rig, I s
Lapped this on the water 3 times and all of a sudden elastic poured out of the pole and resulted in a mid-double carp in the net. I tried this trick a few more times but it only worked the once.

The wind proved troublesome for everyone and throughout the day I had been watching Freddie on peg 97 getting amongst a few and Chris on the next peg was getting amongst them at the end as well. At the end of the match I was up to 11 carp, as was Chris on the next peg as was the guy on 85!


So I managed a section win on the last match of my R&R, it was a brilliant 2 days and hopefully it will happen again next year. Till the next time tight lines one and all.

1 comment: