08 November 2013

Start of the great carp hunt.

The last couple of weeks have seen me mainly sorting carp gear out so that I could fish a winter ticket on a gravel pit just north of Swindon.  I have done a couple of trips to Todber Manor with mixed results.
Dusk over little Haynes
Little Haynes



A Wadmill Double

Wadmill in the rain

Wadmill again

 But the day was finally upon us that would see me in pursuit of Giant Carp again.  However, my first visit saw me failing to even see a carp, forget a lighter so I packed up, bought one and set up again and finally the weather tried its best to soak me whilst I was sleeping as the wind swung into my bivvy as I slept.



The point 















Car Park swim
















The following day it was back to Todber again, this time on the paddock lake.  It has a good head of carp to just over 30lb and cats to 80lb so expectations were high as my brother and I had the whole lake booked. ( There were meant to be 6 of us).

We set up in pegs 2 and 3, I put John into 3 (the best peg on the lake) and proceeded to cast towards his swim with a pva bag . This rod gave me the only 2 bites that we had for the 24 hours and they resulted in two nice looking mid doubles.

A Paddock Double
















The Saturday night saw wind and rain of biblical proportions and I thought that I was going to end in Kansas at any time. It was a good giggle and a nice reminder of how social fishing can be.
Paddock Peg 2

No comments:

Post a Comment