01 March 2012

Viaduct WL Rd 4 26/02/2012

It was time for the penultimate round of the Viaduct winter league, I was to be on Cary and had one request for Trev at the draw, not pegs 81 or 82 as they were caught in a corner with no form of late. Trev came across the car park and said that I would blank just as he told me that I was on 82, the plan was simple catch a fish and then try to catch another.


Although in the picture it looks nice with an overhanging tree to my left at 11.5m and a monk to my right at the same distance I was hemmed in by both peg 81 to my right against the spit and peg 85 to my right that was just in line with the spit. I made a plan that consisted of a meat waggler, bomb and bread at 20m for the first 20 mins, a skimmer line and then the two margins. To be honest my day was a non starter, I had a liner whilst plumbing up the wag so chucked the bomb whilst everybody else fed pole lines, this didn’t move so I put groundbait and dead mag on my pole line and fished the margins hoping for a quick carp. That was a non event so it was out on the skimmer line and after an hour the line died, I had taken about 5 small skimmers and a couple of small roach from it so then it was a case of rotating around my swims looking for a fish.
All the time I was able to watch as Andy Power on peg 80 was casting into a shoal of carp that were hanging off the end of the spit over the shallow gravel bar. In the last hour (after 2 hours without a bite from anything) I fed 4 balls of groundbait on my skimmer line and took a 12 oz skimmer of it 30 minutes later but that was it for my day. I weighed 3lb 7oz and this was enough for 3rd from bottom of the section. The team ended up with around 50 points that was just enough to keep us in the top 6 but Pez and myself were being held up by John and Stu who both picked up money from Campbell and Lodge. John Managed 4th overall but had not paid into the super pools DOH. Next week is the last round and I am in the float only section, all I want is a few fish as I have gone from leading the league to around 40th in two matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment