08 March 2012

Viaduct WL teams of 5 Round 5 4/03/2012

It was my turn for the float only section on Lodge and Cary, with persistent rain and a very stiff breeze the last place I wanted was to be facing into it. Peg 103 on Cary was my destination and all I could do was laugh, not only was I facing the weather all day but the swim had not produced more than 2lb of fish in any of the previous rounds.
There is an overhanging tree to the left that got filled in with maggot, nothing, I fed and fished a meat line at 6m for nothing, I put a groundbait line in at 13m and this produced half a dozen little skimmers on dead maggot and finally my plan was to catch a carp on the wag for mega points. I fished it up and down all over my swim concentrating on maggot as a hookbait and managed to snare 20 odd little roach for a grand total of 3lb 3oz. This was not the end of the bad news for the team however, as John had been pegged opposite me and he managed to snare 1 roach for 7 oz and last in section, Stu had a grueller on Match for 4 points, Trev had to endure watching Des Shipp on his way to 130lb plus whilst he picked up 8 points or so and Pez blagged a few silvers for 10 points. Not a good day at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment