22 May 2012

Withy TO4, 12 May 2012

Again I was let loose on Selwood Lake and after the draw I was informed that I was to be sat on peg 7 for the day. This would give me a reed bed close in to my left as a margin line, an empty platform to my right as another margin line, I had an island chuck for the method or waggler and I also decided to set up a meat line at 2+2 as it had been quite successful recently for me. I knew that it would be hard so I decided to concentrate on the bigger carp in the venue and fished a paste attack down on the two edge lines, due to the depth my rig was a 4X10 Big H paste float on 0.20mm Cenex with a 0.18mm bottom of the same material and finished in a size 5 tubertini 175. My elastic varied through the day as I tried to figure out the best one for the swim and it ended up being orange Reflex.

My meat rig was the normal 0.18-0.14mm Cenex finished in a size 2 tubertini 175 rigged on yellow Browning reflex elastic. Finally my method was rigged on a 10ft Force commercial bomb rod and an Ultimatch reel as the winding power of this reel has to be seen to be believed for the price.

At the all in I fed the meat line then tried a quick look down each margin with no success before chucking the tip for the remainder of the first hour. To cut a long story short, I did not catch alot for the first 4 hours then I managed half a dozen skimmers and the same number of small carp for around 30lb in weight. This was enough for 4th on the lake which was about right for the peg; I did not get an indication on the tip as the islands margins were full of weed. The rest of the team did not fair as well with John spraining his ankle walking his kit to his peg, not good the day before the regional national! I cut away early so that I could prep my kit ready for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment