10 February 2014

2/2/2014 Viaduct Winter League Rd 2,

So it was off to Campbell lake for Rd 2 of this quality winter league and after the breakfast at McDonalds I was given peg 127 to be my pitch for the day. Now my record with this lake is mixed to say the least and it tends to be feast or famine, this time with me sat just off the epicentre of the fish I was fearing the worst from the start, but having said that there were a few fish showing in front of me so who knew.



To try and hedge my bets I set up a waggler for fishing meat or corn, a bomb rod, a silvers rig for 14.5m and a meat rig for a top 2+2 line. I was ready for the all in and fed 4 balls of groundbait, caster and dead maggot on the long pole line, before casting the waggler and corn out which saw me missing a quick bite.  The next one was not so lucky but it was foul hooked and there ended any action on the waggler, I tried the bomb and had a few indications that I am sure was fish getting away with it and also managed a few silvers on the long pole. I had fed 8mm meat all day on a waggler line and in the last hour had 2 bites that resulted in a skimmer of about a pound, but it had been a very frustrating day.

Basically I got to watch all the pegs to my left catch carp, on the pegs 124 and 125 both had ton plus weights I had 8lb, a 5lb carp and 3lb of bits.  It was enough for 7 points and the end again of any hope of a good individual result overall.  The team had another grueller with John being the only one to have a good day from peg 64 catching 80 odd pound of carp on the wag.  Cary in a fortnight so let’s see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment