26 April 2014

22/04/14 Todber knock up

Pez the Golden geezer that he is had organised this a couple of weeks in advance and I had been looking forward to it for a while, breakfast was dispatched at Skevvys café and we all met up at the lake for the draw. There were only 8 of us, Pez, Kev, Tony, Tommy, John, Ian, AD and myself so there would be bags of room on the lake, I drew peg 5.



My plan was simple as I knew that 150lb would be needed to win off this lake and having fished that area before I knew that there are numbers of F1’s to be had towards the far bank. With this in mind I set up a few rigs, a soft pellet rig for across, a hard pellet rig for across, a shallow rig for across, a paste rig for 5m, a corm/meat rig for 5m and a margin rig.
My match went pretty much according to plan with a few fish early on soft pellet before I swapped to a hard 6mm hookbait and then I was slapping 10 inches deep by the end of the first hour and every put in was seeing ne net a small f1. The problem was that everybody else was catching carp and I did not feel as though I was catching quickly enough so I started looking on my other lines concentrating mainly on the 5m paste line. This saw me taking a number of carp upto 7lb but again it was too slow. I also got to watch Ian on peg 1 go into overdrive for the last 2 hours which was supposedly his slowest period!!!!
Score on the doors were:
Peg 1 Ian 156-14
Peg 2 Tommy 26-15
Peg 3 Pez 95-08
Peg 4 Kev 87-07
Peg 5 me 113-05
Peg 6 Adi 57-11
Peg 7 John 125-14
Peg 8 Tony 74-14


In all I managed to get a quid off Tony but handed it straight over to John… I still think that if I had kept my head down on the F1’s until the last hour I may have been able to overturn John at least as the speed at which I was catching them at times was scary.  I think I will have to do it again soon and I will try and do a big weight of small f1’s.., Fisho at Gold next…

No comments:

Post a Comment