16 April 2015

Todber Practice 11/4/15

I had decided to go to Todber for a cheeky practice before the group match later this week, I was accompanied by Craig for the day and although we tried to get on the new lakes we were resigned to Whitepost.  We decided to fish on the wides next to the car park (again) as the wind was hacking up the lakes and this seemed like a good area for some running line action.
I set up a couple of pellet wags, a method rod and a short pole line and I managed about 8 carp all day, 7 on the wag and 1 on paste. I had started on meat on my short pole line but that was no good, swapped to paste managed 1 then killed it??
Craig had a good day catching well on paste at about 8m as well as a couple on running line and 1 shallow before I disappeared to lick my wounds.

What would I do different?

Not a lot, perhaps I should have copied Craig but that would have proved what worked not if it could be better on another line.

No comments:

Post a Comment