02 March 2016

K&A practice, 27/2/16

So it was off to the K&A for a cheeky practice before the group match this week, I actually had a lay in and still managed to be on a peg and set up by half past 10, although I didn’t set everything up to start.  I was a bit restricted as I only had a bit of bread, some caster, lobs and dendys with me so I had a few feeding ideas that I wanted to try out.
Once set up I had decided to start on bread short whilst feeding two lines across, one with caster and the other with just chopped worm, once the lines had been fed I shipped out onto the short pole line with a 5mm  punch and fortunately I didn’t have to wait long and hybrid number 1 was soon getting panned.  I managed one more before the draw of my first experiment with punch on the whip got too strong and it was a fish a chuck for about the first hour, I had several good hybrids to around 2lb and numbers of roach that were barely swingers, not that I let that stop me. I noticed however that the bank was starting to fall away under my platform so I quickly made the decision to move it before I got very wet This involved a lot of huffing and swearing but about ten minutes later I was safely positioned a few feet to the right of where I had started, unfortunately this time I was on the top of the bank.
I had a quick re plumb and ended up having to fish the short line with another section added, but the fish were still there.  I had a quick look on my two across lines and didn’t get a sniff, so it was soon back to fishing short but the fish had faded massively, it was at this point that I decided on a quick rejig and I plumbed up a worm track rig and a bread rig for across close to the weed where it was 3 1/2ft deep.
I fed both lines and the across rig started almost straight away with small roach and the occasional better specimen getting in on the action, it was not solid but it was steady at around 20 fish per hour pace.  As the day wore on I continued to try and find another bonus fish on worm but I failed miserably, I did drop back in on the short line for a few better stamp fish on the whip but it was only 4-5 before they did the off again, so at half three I decided to call it a day.
I showed my final catch on the video camera and it must have been around 20lb, I had several big hybrids and skimmers to 2-3lb, numbers of smaller hybrids and a rake of 2-4oz roach that I had mostly picked up in the first hour or so on the short line.
I decided to pack up most of my kit but spend half an hour or so chasing a perch, well it worked and I finally got one at half four, at about a pound it was most welcome.  After this I packed up the rest of my kit and did a quick peg recce up the rest of the stretch, there were tons of small fish moving in certain areas so the whip may play a big part in my plan come Wednesday.

What would I do different?
I would have liked to have had some groundbait and squatt to try out on the far line.

Tackle used:

Bread short:
Elastic: Double 4 slip
Line: 0.12mm to 0.08mm
Hook: 20 PR311
Float: 0.6g DS14H

Whip:
Whip: Daiwa ZR at 4m
Line: 0.13mm N Gage to 0.1mm
Hook: 20 Colmic B957
Float: 0.8g Drennan Stillwater Blue Waggler

Worm across:
Elastic: Double 5 slip
Line: 0.17mm to 0.12mm Cenex
Hook: 16 B560
Float: 4X10 Dibber

Worm Track:
Elastic: Yellow Vespe through 1 section
Line: 0.17mm to 0.12mm Cenex
Hook: 12 B560
Float: 4X12 Dibber

Caster Across:
Elastic: Double No. 2 slip
Line: 0.13mm N Gage to 0.10mm
Hook: 20 Colmic B957
Float: 5-11 MW F1 rattie

Bread Across:
Elastic: Double No. 2 slip
Line: 0.12mm to 0.08mm
Hook: 20 PR311
Float: 4X12 KC Carpa F1




No comments:

Post a Comment