03 July 2016

AAF Gp 2 Match 9 Todber Manor

The run up to this match had been quite hectic, I had managed to get my new pole sections delivered the week before whilst I was away on holiday, however I could not collect them until the Monday, at this point I got them home Monday night only to find that the number 4 section had been broken in transit…. Tuesday saw an aggravated Ben on the phone to the shop and they are going to order a new section and replace it for free but I was still left without a pole for the next day.  Fortunately Reids Tackle had something that would fit the bill so my late afternoon saw a frantic dash to the shop to pick up my new toy and then the evening was spent elasticating it.
The following morning Craig picked me up and I am glad that I had managed a small breakfast when I got up as we got caught up in the after mouth of a crash on the A303 just 4 minutes from my house.  We ran up the road to have a quick check and all bar one bloke who had hurt his arm and was in shock everyone else seemed to be walking wounded so with nothing else that we could do… bar telling the emergency services the exact location we were soon back on the road.  On the road I managed to get the best selfie EVER:


We got to the cafĂ© a little late but not as late as many others coming from our way, breakfast was half eaten as it was huge and then it was time for the AGM, there were some good points and bad points but you had to be there really… no you really should have.
Onto the draw and with only 36 booked in there was going to be tons of room as the 3 sections covered Ash, Hillview and both Whitepost lakes, Pete and I were discussing where we wanted, Pete wanted Ash, I was happy wherever and Pez just didn’t want Ash.  I did the draw and put Pete on the end peg of Ash, Pez on Peg 54 on Hill view and myself on peg 6 on the top lake of Whitepost, Craig hed drawn the Golden peg, 9 so the transport was easy.
We did a trip to the shop to drop off the BBQ food for the evening and then went to the lake, I found that I had Griff on peg 4, Ivan on the peg I thought I was on, 7, and Craig once again had half a lake to himself on peg 9.  On the bottom lake Rocky was sat on a good peg and there were a few other pegs that I thought would have a chance to beat the tip lake as historically it is better on the bottom lake, anyway I went about setting up my gear.
I was more than ready for the all in and after a lack lustre 15 minutes looking on the feeder and wag across I started properly on paste at 13m, this gave me 5 carp in pretty quick succession and I thought that I was I for a very easy day, but as is often the case I soon started to suffer from fizzing so had to look elsewhere.  Shallow was the answer for 1 carp and 4 F1’s before again I was struggling and it was then a case of trying to put a couple of bites together on a line before moving and starting again on another.  The forth hour was the best with several carp falling to paste down the edge after I changed from meat, it seemed to get better bites and no liners.  I also moved my short line closer towards the end and started to feed 8mm pellet over it and this again gave me a few more fish in the last hour when it got hard across the whole lake.
As the all-out was called I knew that I had a half tidy weight but I was not too sure how much exactly I had managed, it was over a ton for sure but I didn’t think it would be a ton fifty.  The main thing was to stop Craig taking the Golden peg and my 58Kg was enough for that as he had managed 43Kg, he really struggled for periods of the match with foul hookers and lost fish.  As it turned out I was right about the bottom lake and Gav had 70Kg off the end peg and then Rocky had 62Kg from the narrows so I was third in section.
Pete had a blinding day from Ash with 76Kg for a section and match win and Pez pulled a section win out of the bag from Hill view with over 60kg, so the team was first on the day with the other two carrying me again.
The evening saw a few of us having a BBQ and it was a good way to end the day and prep for the Knock up the next day.

What would I have done differently?
I would have liked to have drawn the lower lake on Whitepost and that’s about it really, I got more than what I thought the peg was worth so it was a good day on that front.

Tackle used:
Pole Long and short Paste:
Elastic: Preston 17H
Line: 0.19mm to 0.17mm Powerline
Hook: 5 Tubertini 175
Float: 4X10 Big H Paste

Pole Long shallow:
Elastic: White Hydro
Line: 0.19mm to 0.13mm Powerline
Hook: 20 Guru Pellet wag
Float: 0.2g Drennan crystal dibber

Pole Margin:
Elastic: Red Vespe
Line: 0.19mm powerline to 0.17mm Powerline
Hook: 5 Tibertini 175
Float: KC Carpa Margin

Method:
Rod: Drennan series 7 Carp[ feeder 10ft.
Reel: Daiwa TDM 3012
Line: 8lb sensor 0.19mm hooklength
Hook: 14 QM1
Feeder: various Guru feeders, Hybrid, method and pellet

Waggler:
Rod: Drennan Ultralight 12ft
Reel: Daiwa TDM 3012
Line: 4lb sensor 0.17mm hooklength
Hook: 18 Guru Pellet wag
Float: 3AA Dave Harrell Insert waggler





No comments:

Post a Comment