31 March 2011

AAF Gp2, Match 6, Todber Manor

This peg gave me a multitude of options as the far margin was 16m away and continued to the left where I could chuck a pellet feeder and finally there was a bush to my rig hand side to fish a margin line. My rigs were a 4X12 Big H float for across on 0.17mm mainline and a 0.15mm bottom with a 16 B911, this was on Vespe Green E2 hollow. My margin rig was a 4X14 handmade float with 0.17mm main to a 0.15mm bottom again to a 16 B911 this was on red Vespe E2 hollow and finally my pellet feeder was a guru pellet feeder inline to a 0.19mm bottom and a 16 QM1, this was on my Series 7 10 ft carp feeder and a 2508 Whisker reel with 8lb sensor.
At the start I potted some meat and hemp under the bush to my right and then shipped out to 16m with a toss pot full of pellet and a 4mm expander on the hook, this led to 2 small roach so a change was called for, so on went an 8mm cube of meat and within a minute a carp was on its way to the keepnet. After 90mins I had taken 14 carp from the same swim but after that it died a death, so I started looking for more fish and over the last 4 ½ hours I managed another 4 on the feeder and two from the edge.
The end of the match could not come fast enough as Mike, 4 pegs to my left was steadily catching F1’s however, it was not enough and I finished with 30.530kg and mike had around 25kg. On the top lake there were some bigger weights however even the flyer peg 2 on the top lake could not top my weight so I managed a section win for the first time in a while.
Even better was the fact that my team took top spot on the day with Craig taking a section win and match win from peg 6 on Park, he ended up fishing the method due to the wind and rain ending up with 54kg. Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment