01 August 2011

AAF Gp2 Mt 10 Viaduct

This was it the deciding match of the season with myself and John tying on points at the top of the table, only a section win would do it for me, as count back would beat me. The morning consisted of the groups AGM and some fun prize giving’s followed by the teams draw, Chris drew me out peg 59 on Lodge and instantly I was not happy as I thought that I was stuck on the open bank down the RHS of the lake. However it would seem that lots of moaning tends to make swims better when you get to them as I had a huge willow to fish under to my left, an aerator and a bit of open water to chuck in, the only drawback was that Trev Senior had drawn peg 60, this cut down on the amount of room that I had to my right and he is a very handy angler at Viaduct so I would be watching him closely.
I set up a 6m margin rig for under the tree on 17H preston elastic, 0.19mm mainline, a 0.17mm bottom and size 4 ‘175’, this was under a Frenzee margin float and I would feed Hemp and Meat. I plumbed up and fished a long pellet line at 16m with a standard skimmer rig for back up and I also set up a bomb and pellet wag as my main line of attack into the open water as some shapes could be seen cruising before the all in. As the horn went I fed a pot of hemp and Meat under the tree to my left and fished the pellet wag for about 30mins before I noticed a fish waving at me from under the tree. A 10mm cube of meat was shipped into place and 30 seconds later I was attached to 14lb of angry Lodge Mirror. After the disturbance I re fed and cast the bomb out with a double pellet rig, 3 minutes later and carp no.2 hung itself and so the day went on with long spells without indications followed by quick runs of fish. I caught on the pellet wag, Bomb and down the edge a total of 11 carp and also had another 3lb of silvers from on the pellet line mid match. This gave me a combined weight of 81lb 2oz and after helping with the weigh in it was clear that this was enough for the lake and section win.
I returned to the clubhouse to get the good news, Craig had a section win and Chris had managed a 3rd from a temperamental peg so the 11 sigs team had won again, this still was not enough to win the league for the team but we cut a close 2nd. Watch this space for next year as the team is getting stronger all the time with all 3 members fishing for the Corps team.  On the individual John had a blowout so with a score of 6 points (4 section wins and a second) taken from my best 5 results I had won the AAF Gp 2 Individual league for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment