13 August 2011

Div 1 National, New Junction Canal, 06/08/11

Div 1 National, New Junction Canal
I got to my peg nice and early, set up with no rush and wasn’t even phased when Alan Scotthorne sat in the peg to my left, I was confident in my approach as we Team Army had spent a full week up there practising and we had a good plan.
The squatt line would be fished at a sensible distance looking for 9ft, I set up 3 rigs for this line, 1: a 1.25g DS14H on 0.11. to 0.08 and a 22 B511 on no.5 Preston through 3 sections for bagging. 2: a 0.6g DS14 same mainline but a 0.07mm bottom and a 22 B511 this time with no.3 elastic through 2 sections and finally 3: a 0.3g Inter 3 float on the same line and elastic as the last rig but a 20 B511 for hemp, the shotting patterns were a bulk and 3 no.10 in 30cm for the bagging rig, a bulk and 5 X no.13 for the normal rig and then spread styls on the Hemp rig.
I also set up a 14.5m worm line that was on 0.15mm to 0.13 and a 16 Drennan Wide Gape hook, and the same line was used on an inside line worm rig for fishing in and around the weedbeds 5m out. The Bomb rod was set up again and finally a 2.5m whip for fishing under my feet for perch.
My match however, was a disaster with my balled in groundbait being the wrong plan, I lost the only 2 Roach I hooked on my first 2 drops and then it was a struggle for the rest of the day. In the end I had 4 perch from the squatt line, 1 on the tip, 1 on the short worm line and 1 on the long worm line for a grand total of 300g. Alan to my left had 1.320Kg as he found a few roach on bread at 16m in the last hour and the local guy to my right, had 1.300Kg including a skimmer on his squatt line and about 20 small perch. The Army came in around 25th so fortunately my result had been carried but we had 3 blow outs and 7 good results, always next year on the Bristol Avon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment