13 August 2011

Div 2 National Practice, Basingstoke Canal, 07/08/11

Breakfast at maccy d’s was followed by getting lost on the way to my section, I set up my platform in the water and then realised that I could not see anything coming along the tow path. I decided to risk it as it meant that I could fish 13m under the far bank trees rather than 14.5m. I was soon set up with a couple of squatt rigs and a worm rig and just before the all in I had a runner decided to jump through my no.5 section and then throw abuse at me for blocking the tow path. Not a good start, made worst when at the all in I fed a small ball of ground bait and went straight on top of it at 13m, 3 roach before the eyes appeared then a top up saw my swim fill with crayfish. I lost count of how many I caught but I landed 8 in the last hour over my worm line. I finished the day with 40-50 fish for 1lb 13oz that saw me come around about last in section and saw Stu Dabbs run off skipping with my shiny pound from the next peg. On the plus side I hope that my experience was able to help the team on their plan for the National but with this was the end of a weekend that had seen the following.
13 hours of driving
10 hours of fishing
Alot of bait
20 +Hours of prep
A week of practice on the Junkie
All for less than 3lb of fish!!! Not my favourite weekend of recent history!

No comments:

Post a Comment