07 December 2013

Great carp hunt Pt2

I had a week off so I was going to try and get my 20lb carp, I had Monday night and Thursday night so two venues were selected and away I went.
Monday saw a visit back to Little Haynes at Todber Manor, I think that the carp gods are against me at the moment as the weather forecast was pants with freezing conditions promised straight after a few milder days.



Overnight the temperature as promised dropped right off and at one point my thermometer read minus 6 degrees C!!??  Needless to say I didn't catch even though I was working hard and recasting on fish at 2am! the view in the morning was beautiful though with the frost and Cat ice.





Thursday I decided to try a new venue and made the pilgrimage to Oxfordshire, Braesenose 1 was my destination, After another 24hrs of watching and working as hard as I dare I was still biteless, but no one else on the lake had caught so I felt a little better after that.


I moved three times in the night to try and find the fish and all I had to show for it was a few liners, but the lake itself is impressive, the pegs comfortable and the fishery gives the Armed forces a 50% discount on day tickets. I will be back there soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment