25 July 2014

AAF Gp2 Mt10, Viaduct, 23/07/2014


Again we were off on a group match, after a 0500 start, I picked John up, drove to the meet point for breakfast and then we had the AGM. It was then off to the draw at the fishery, Tidworth again was Rocky and myself and I was hoping to get us a half decent draw.  I failed, I was on 94 in a corner and Rocky was in the open water on Cambell, this would have been a half decent draw if the wind was in the other direction but it was time to graft. Since I had Pez sat to my left the banter was bound to be going all day and keep my spirits up.

I had the empty platform to my right, under the tree to my right, the lilies to my left and then I also had loads of open water, I decided to set up a paste rig for next to the lilies, a paste rig for under the trees, a bomb rod, a couple of pellet wags and a dobbing rig.

The first 4 hours were a non-event with 5 skimmers and 1 carp from under the lilies, whereas Pez and Docs to my left had managed to snare a few carp each, Pez reckoned that 4 of his fish were close to the net limit at 70lb so I decided to go and get something cold from the shop and have a bit of a rethink, before I left I fed 6 handfuls of 6mm pellet and 2 handfuls of 8mm pellet next to the lilies and a bit of munga under the tree.

On my return the difference was apparent and almost immediate, I had 2 paste fish from next to the lilies in the net within 30 minutes of my return then I hooked a fish that was in another league to the mid doubles that I had been catching. It made numerous runs that saw me going from a top kit to 13m as quick as I could and then holding on for grim death.  It took around 30 minutes but in the end I had a massive common half in half out the landing net and a little while later in the keepnet. The last hour was a bit of a struggle though with just one more carp from the lilies and one from under the tree mixed in with a few silvers.

As the scales came round I thought that I had seven carp, I could not count though and it was 6, plus 10lb of silvers for 88lb, my monster got weighed separately at 23lb 8oz. Pez managed 103 with his 4 biggies going around 50lb and Docs to his left, who had just spent nearly an hour playing a mid-double on skimmer gear had 113lb for a section win.

Overall it was won from the other end of Carey with 183lb on the bomb at 5m!! second was peg 76 and John was third from Campbell.

Can’t wait until next season so that I can try and get my name back on the trophy but I managed a top ten finish in the league so that was not too bad off six matches.
Sorry no photos this time but my phone cooked in the thirty degree heat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment