03 July 2014

Withy TO4, Final Round 31/5/14

This report is a bit belated as I forgot completely, but through the haze of time here it goes.

This was the last round of the well-attended league, all I had to do was beat the guy from Dandys in my section, Kev.
I drew peg 13 on Selwood, this is a bit of a feast or famine peg as it is best approached fishing long down the edge to the right and fishing a few spots trying to get a bite from each, this would have been fine if it wasn’t for the pleasure anglers who set up next to what should have been the best bit of my peg. So the plan changed slightly.




I set up a couple of rigs to fish meat down the left and right hand edge at a variety of distances, a mugging rig and a skimmer rig, I had one skimmer I think, hooked 2 fish mugging, the first one within 15 seconds of the all in and the second I lost.  I managed 5 carp I think from the various edge spots and found that kinder potting was again the way to go but I lost a few fish due to them fighting like demons.
I ended up with 42lb 12oz for 4th and beat 5th by 6 ozs so those skimmers were worth their weight in gold, Kev had 31lb 8oz for 7th in section.
The team did well on the day and we managed to hold onto 3rd overall in the league which was a great result for the whole team.


Section results
Many thanks again to the guys who ran it and can we do it again this winter please?

No comments:

Post a Comment