04 July 2014

Withy Munter Hunt 140614

Well with the river season impending on me I decided to go to Withy and try to bag a whacker on proper gear, the light carp rods were packed as were the alarms, book and kettle and I took the merry trip down bright and early.  After getting my ticket and starting to set up on Barnmoor, I had Dave shout across the lake at me that there was match on that lake that I had missed on the board, so Selwood peg 13 it was.

Got them bubbling well!!
  

I loose fed 8mm pellet down the edge and fished a tea bag method over the top, through the day I managed to land around 10 carp all low doubles and lost another couple to snags.  Before I knew it the match had finished on Barn moor so I made a move around to about peg 6, again it was loose fed 8mm pellet and tea bag method and within 20 minutes at starting I had an 18lb lump on the unhooking mat.




It was a lovely evening and I managed another two mirrors of 16 and 14lb respectively before I had to pack up and go home.






No comments:

Post a Comment